1. Making a Reservation: Contact us at 207-432-2181. A 50% deposit is due at the time of reservation. Once we receive a reservation request we will confirm it with the property owner and e-mail a reservation confirmation using Docusign. Docusign is an online signature program to sign your rental agreement and any other applicable paperwork. The remaining 50% is due 60 days prior to arrival. 30 days prior to your arrival date, we will e-mail you a final confirmation which includes directions and check-in information.
2. Rental Fees: The base rental rate for each property is listed on the individual property page. In addition a 9% Maine Lodging Tax applies to the 7 night stay. If you are traveling with pets there is a $100 fee per pet with owners prior written approval and a completed “Pet Application”.
3. Check In, Check Out: Rentals are on a full week rental schedule with the check-in and check-out day being Sunday. Check-in on Sunday is from 2:00pm Check Out is no later than10:00am the following Sunday.
4. Refunds Not Given for the: Neither Southern Maine Lakeside Rentals, LLC or the home owner can be held responsible for lake levels that may affect the size of the beach area or the usability of the dock, power outages caused through acts of nature, or inclement weather.
5. Occupancy: Rental properties have maximum occupancy limits as specified on the property webpage and in the rental agreement, which must be strictly adhered to. Any violation of these standards will be grounds for eviction without refund.
6. Smoking / Fires / Fireworks: Renter, its invitees and guests, shall not smoke anywhere inside the Property. Fires may be lit only in the fireplace and/or wood-burning stove, if any. Tenant shall not handle the ashes, which shall be left in the fireplace/wood-burning stove for cleaning by Owner. Fireworks are legal in the State of Maine however Renter, its invitees and guest shall not bring on the property, nor can they be launched from the rented property at any time.
7. Pets: If pets are allowed, Renter agrees to remove animal waste, keep pets off furniture/beds, and on a leash out of doors, all vaccinations must be up to date, nail clipped, and flea medicated. Renter must also complete and return the separate Pet Policy. Owner reserves the right to impose on Renter an additional fee for failure to comply with such instructions. Any consent so given may be revoked at any time.
8. Furnishings & Utilities: Each property is equipped with all required furnishings. Tenant shall not move any furniture. Owner makes best faith efforts to keep the Property in a livable and rentable condition. However, Owner and Agent make no representations as to the condition of the contents thereof or personal property located therein, and Tenant accepts the same in their present condition, as is, where is.
9. Telephones: If the owner supplies a telephone at the rental unit, it is for local or toll-free calls only. The renter must use a calling card for toll calls. If renter makes long-distance calls, it is the renter's responsibility to pay for all toll calls made during their stay, as well as a $50 service fee.
10. Linens and Things: Blankets and pillows are provided. Renter must supply their bath soap toiletries, Bed Linens, Kitchen and Bath/Beach towels.
11. Cleaning Supplies: Rentals will be stocked with dish soap, cleaning supplies, trash bags, toilet paper and paper towels upon your arrival.
12. Trash and Recyclables: All trash shall be placed in bags as instructed and left tightly secured in the bins provided. Recyclables shall be placed in designated bins. Tenant shall comply with such other instructions regarding the Property as are posted at the Property. Owner reserves the right to impose on Tenant an additional fee for failure to comply with such instructions.
13. Notice to Boat Owners: If you plan on bringing a motorized boat. Maine requires you to purchase and display a $20.00 sticker to help fund the control of invasive plants. Stickers are available at the store next to our office.
14. Damage: Any damage to the Property or to any personal property belonging to Owner during Tenant’s occupancy, whether by Tenant, its agents, invitees or guests, shall be reported promptly to the Agent so that Owner may replace and repair such items for the benefit of Tenant and others. Tenant shall reimburse owner for all expenses in repairing the Property, or in replacing or repairing such personal property.
15. End of Term: Upon the expiration or other termination of this Agreement, whether by reason of Tenant default or otherwise, Tenant shall quit and surrender the residence to Owner, broom clean, in as good condition as the date of entry, reasonable wear and tear excepted.
16. Indemnity: Tenant shall indemnify and hold both the Owner and Agent harmless from and against any and all loss, damage, claim, demand, suit, judgment or liability which may be incurred, and from any costs or expenses arising out of or resulting from Tenant’s use and occupancy of the Property, excepting only liability which may result from the gross negligence or willful act of the Owner or Agent.
17. No Representations: Except as otherwise provided by law as to the implied warranty of habitability, Owner makes no representations as to the condition of the residence, or as to any of the contents thereof or personal property located therein.
18. Right to Cancel: Owner reserves the right to refund any advanced payment, refuse admittance, evict, refuse or discontinue occupancy, if in Owner’s or Agent’s opinion same is necessary to protect the Property.
About Our Rentals: Guest Rules | Rental Information | Rental Application